Five Before Five
From Imam Abdallah Ibn Alawi Al-Haddad’s “The Lives of Man” translated by Mostafa Al-Badawi...
The Prophet (Peace and Blessings upon him) said ” seize the opportunity to make use of five things before five other things catch up with you:
1. Your youth before you grow old
2. Your health before you fall sick
3. Your leisure before you are occupied
4. Your wealth before you grow poor
5. And your life before you die.
And he said(Upon him be blessings and peace) “The feet of a servant will not move away from where he stands on the day of rising until he is asked about five things: his life, and how expended it, his youth, and in what he exhausted it, his wealth, and where he obtained it, and on what he spent it, etc”