Monday, November 28, 2005

Al-Wakil: The Trustee

Al-Wakil: The Trustee

"Allah suffices as a Disposer [of affairs]." (Qur'an 4:81)

Allah is All-good and All-powerful; all our affairs are best entrusted in His care, for He is the best Guardian of all interests; He is free of all the shortcomings that render human beings untrustworthy. "In Allah let the believers put all their trust." (Qur'an 3:160)

Putting one's trust in Allah means that one should take all possible precautions and then leave the results in the hands of Allah, who knows the working of events better than any human mind can conceive of. "When you are resolved, put your trust in Allah; surely Allah loves those who put their trust in Him" (Qur'an 3:159).

A true believer, like the Prophets, realizes that the fruition of his efforts comes only from Allah; therefore He turns to no one else for that.

With such a Disposer of affairs to take care of him and of his well-being, the servant of Allah leads a life free of the burden of anxiety. "Allah is sufficient for us; He is an excellent Disposer [of affairs]." (Qur'an 3:173)

The Prophet, peace be upon him, recommended this prayer before sleeping: "Allahuma! I surrender myself to You; I turn my face to You; I commit my affairs to You; I rely on You, in hope and in fear of You; there is no shelter, no escape from You, except in You. I believe in Your Book that You revealed, and Your Prophet whom You sent." (Al-Bukari, Muslim).

"I desire only to set things right, so far as I am able. My succour is only with Allah; in Him I have put my trust, and to Him I turn, in repentance." (Qur'an 11:88)

- Taken from The Most Beautiful Names of Allah

2 comments:

  1. really nice :)
    just what i needed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamu'alaykum,

    Likewise. I found the page when I randomly opened the book -- it was what I needed to be reminded of.

    Wassalam,
    Salikah

    ReplyDelete