LIVING THE LIGHT SERIES
CREED 101 – THE FUNDAMENTALS OF FAITH
INSTRUCTOR – TALAL AHDAB
REQUESTED BY SISTERS: THIS EVENT IS A SISTER-ONLY-COURSE
… LACK knowledge or have issues with the fundamentals of Islam?
… ASK yourself questions or have doubts about "what this is all about?"
… TEACH or deal with those who have issues with or lack knowledge of the fundamentals
… HAVE a strong desire to further strengthen your foundation?
If you answer YES to any of the above, then this course is for YOU
- TO GET people to learn, discuss, and enjoy;
- TO OBTAIN an understanding of what is meant by the oneness of Allah; What can and cannot be ascribed to Him or described of Him; an understanding of the infallibility of His Messengers and the necessity of this as well as what constitutes a tenet of faith that must be believed in and areas of belief that are subsidiary.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
By the end of this course,
- You will gain a deeper understanding of the What; the Why and the How
- You will gain a basic understanding of the purpose of life; the relationship between the Creator, the creature and the universe; and how the universe really works
- You will learn tenets concerned with the Attributes of God; with Belief / Faith; with the Divine Decree; with the Muslim Community; with the Unseen; as well as those tenets pertaining to the Day of Judgment and the Next Life
- You will become acquainted with the proofs from the Qur'an and the Sunna
- You will become familiar with the various Muslim sects throughout history as well as those of today
- You will be able to have a discussion about issues related to Faith; God; and/or the Prophets
The creedal text called al-Tahawiyah is one of the earliest and primal works in the field of Aqida. For centuries, it has been widely circulated amongst the scholars and students of knowledge. The text is written in simple yet precise language keeping to the fundamentals of a Muslims' belief.
- DURATION Two parts; SIX (6) sessions for each part; May– July 2008
- TIME / LOCATION TBA; A Location / Time, convenient for all attendees
- TUITION $20 CAD for each part OR $30 CAD for the whole course
- TEXTBOOK The Creed of Imam al-Tahawi (provided)
- FORMAT 2-hour sessions; Q&A sessions; sessions will be recorded
This course was requested by few sisters and as such it will be a Sister-ONLY-Course: High-school students, university students; and professionals preferred
SIZE – Seating is limited to 10 sisters (maximum of 20 will be allowed); SERIOUS applicants ONLY
A full syllabus will be provided to registrants.
A reading list and resources will also be made available.
INTERESTED? Please email CREED101RAZI@GMAIL.COM, with the following details
1. Full Name; Occupation / Profession; Main Email; and your Cell Phone Number
2. Please indicate what location / day / time would NOT be suitable.
3. A one page (12 font size, double spaced lines) description of why you wish to take this course
4. COPY & PASTE the following line into your email subject heading: CREED101RAZI – REQUEST FOR REGISTRATION – SUMMER 2008 – "YOUR NAME HERE"
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION – End of MAY 12th 2008