Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Marriage Advice from The Beatnik Sufis

Marriage Advice from The Beatnik Sufis

hilarious :) made me start thinking back to my doc martin days!

One has to be careful when choosing a Sufi-chick to marry. There are a number of pointers which we shall endeavour to posit. Of course, Sufi-chicks have their own lists of desirable characteristics, but we don’t know about this, because fortunately we are not Sufi-chicks, we are Sufi guys, or Sufi beatniks, and Sufi guys are far out. Sufi-chicks get together in their pastel Laura Ashley bedrooms to advise each other about pre-nuptial contracts. They have a great long list. We’re not worried about such a list, as once they see our honed physiques and square jaw-lines they will melt, and forget their lists. We, on the other hand, have a far more sophisticated method for determining the suitability of a Sufi-chick for marriage: shoes.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    hhehehehhhahah this is the funny joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:48 PM

    "My Mama always said you can tell a lot about a person from their shoes..."

    - Forrest Gump

    Ever since I saw that film with my father as a child, I have paid close attention to the shoes of others and it's funny because shoes can often tell you a lot about a person's priorities and how they might spend their time.

    Or maybe not =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shukran for the Forrest quote -- I had forgotten it!

    My mother's always been big on shoes too -- about making sure mine are always polished and telling me to always make sure my shoes look good.

    Anyways, I used to own Docs -- two pairs, one ankle length brown pair, and then for a much longer time, a brown pair of the kind that come up just past your ankles, but below your shins. Loved them. Miss them.

    ReplyDelete