Wednesday, December 02, 2015

The Upshot of "The Study Quran: What Gives?"


Bismillah. AsSalamu'alaykum wa Rahmatullah wa Barakatuhu,

It seems that a certain individual who has attempted to leave "comments" on my previous post is upset that I have not approved them.  To this individual, please note that my blog is just that, mine. And I have chosen to make it a place free of hate-speech because my Master, Allah bless him and give him peace, was not a hateful person who found some sick pleasure in imagining other people burning in Hell. When the people of Ta'if did unthinkable things to him, he (Allah bless him and grant him peace), prayed for their guidance and the greatness of their offspring -- he didn't have hate-filled prayers for them. 

Please refrain from attempting to post any further such comments as I will report you for harassment and violent remarks.

Perhaps my post was too lengthy to read, for as I said, our ummah is suffering intellectually. The upshot, you should know, brother, is that it was NOT a defence of perennialism (I don't wish to defend something I don't believe in).  You clearly didn't read the post. 

The Study Quran is NOT a perennialist book. So before you blow your top cursing it, know what it is that you are cursing because you are responsible on the Final Day for what you say and write and harbour in your heart. 

READ THE BOOK!!!

And read my post and the linked statements so that you understand what the work is meant to do. 

May Allah increase us in knowledge. Ameen.

Wassalam.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Selam eleykom sister. Thank you for this post advice. I am a perennialist Moslem and I know the perennialist interpretations of Koran very well. This Study Koran does not have them and I am reading it every day at my mesgid in Paris halaga. The people who are abusing this book are supporting their nefs and not al-hegg. May Allah cause us to be people of besira and grant us el-tewfig from this book which is the great tafasir traditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa'alaykum AsSalam. Yes, indeed. A Perennialist tafsir would be a very different product and those interpretations would surely stand out very clearly to even the most average reader. Ameen, it is indeed a great read, may Allah reward the editors for their sidq and ikhlas.

      Delete