Sunday, June 11, 2006

Recommended Reading List

It's that time of year again when school's almost out for the summer. Two months off for the students so I thought I'd send them off with a reading list different from the classics they have to read in school. The following are all books I'd like to own, insha'Allah:

TV Related

Environment Related

Food Related

  • Fast Food Nation: The Dark Side of the All-American Meal by Eric Schlosser
  • Chew On This : Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food by Eric Schlosser
  • The China Study : The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss and Long-Term Health by T. Colin Campbell

Society/Culture

  • The Disappearance of Childhood by Neil Postman
  • No Logo: Taking Aim at the Brand Bullies by Naomi Klein
  • The Tipping Point : How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
  • Culture Jam: How to Reverse America's Suicidal Consumer Binge-And Why We Must by Kalle Lasn

Computer/Technology Related

Education

  • The End of Education: Redefining the Value of School by Neil Postman

Other


Note: I have not yet read all of these myself - - some I have read, some are recommendations to me, and others I've read about online.

No comments:

Post a Comment