Characteristics of the True Believer (Spiritual Tendencies)
Shaykh Yahyā Ibn Mu’ādh ar-Rāzī—may Allāh bless his soul—has collected in his books the characteristics of the true believer, some of which are that he/she:
- Is very bashful.
- Is harmless.
- Is very beneficial to others.
- Is unproblematic.
- Is truthful.
- Is hardworking.
- Is brave.
- Stays away from useless people and vain talk.
- Builds understanding and brotherhood.
- Is thankful.
- Is compassionate to all.
- Is generous.
And he/she stays away from the following:
- Looking for badness in other people.
- Rushing into actions (before thinking properly).
- Love of Dunya.
- Too much sleep.